Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dennis Miller: a funny funny man

I just caught 10 minutes of O'reilly tonight ... Dennis Miller was the guest and i found him to be very clever and laugh-out-loud witty. Anyway, I'm not familiar with his shows, so I looked him up on wikipedia and found that he's a (drum roll please) ... libertarian! I also read the following Piece on him, which includes some funny -insightful quotes:

It baffles me that the same people who blast away at President Bush's selection of a religious conservative for attorney general won't give George W. any kudos for his other cabinet choices, which include blacks, Jews, Asians, Hispanics, and women. Does a fundamentalist Christian not also represent a valued strand in our collective fabric?
Some anti-death penalty advocates say that McVeigh's execution didn't bring closure to the survivors of the bombing. Maybe not, but it did bring closure to McVeigh's eyes and, frankly, that's all I wanted.
…like an infestation of cockroaches, a drunken party guest, or a super-virulent strain of antibiotic-resistant clap, the Clintons are proving almost impossible to get rid of.


3 comments:

Emily Curtis said...

Love the cockroach analogy!! Amen Brother!

Anonymous said...

Will,
Dennis has been a media hero of mine for quite some time now. Just a bit above Dr. Perry Cox on Scrubs.
The other night I was reading this and I laughed so loud that Wanda thought I lost my mind.

MILLER: The whole world thought Saddam had weapons. He wouldn't play ball. And we couldn't have a perpetual scimitar of Damocles hanging over our heads, so we went in and we took a look.
And guess what? When Saddam Hussein arrived in hell last week and was given his own access laminate, even Hitler chided him a little for what has to go down as the worst bluff ever in the history of the universe.
Now as far as bin Laden goes, who knows and who cares? If he is still alive, I'm pretty sure at this point, death must look like a promotion to him as he fires up his yak-powered dialysis machine each morning and eats a little lichen off the cave wall.

J. Willard Curtis said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Miller's brand of humor. I've never seen a Scrubs episode Brian, but I'll have to check it out on your recommendation.